Looking for an opportunity to work among communities in East Africa? Do you have a heart for orphans and family-based care? Kingdom Families is currently looking for interns to work with our team in Moshi, Tanzania.
Note: Internship spots for summer 2017 have already been filled and you can read about our interns here. Please continue reading this post and consider applying for 2018, we’d love to receive your application and consider how you could join the ministry at Kingdom Families in Tanzania.
- Generate compelling media to be used for promotional purposes and advocacy programs. Platforms include blogging, video, photography and social media.
- Oversee children’s VBS-style programs at Kingdom Families conferences, working hand-in-hand with a Tanzanian Kingdom Families children’s minister.
- Administrative work and making databases
- Support Kingdom Families missionaries and pastors on various projects.
- If there is something that you’re passionate about, we’d love to see how we might accommodate working it into your internship.
- Be at least 20 years old at the time of the internship
- Reside for eight to twelve weeks in Moshi, Tanzania.
- Raise necessary funds for internship. Typically $4,000 is sufficient for overall cost with a large amount dedicated to airfare. Donations can be tax-deductible and Kingdom Families leadership is willing to help the intern fundraise.
- Meet with Kingdom Families leadership regularly during internship for discipleship, Bible study and prayer.
- Read two books before coming to Tanzania. “Orphan Justice” by Johnny Carr and “When Helping Hurts” by Brian Fikkert and Steve Corbett.
- Accommodations will be “family-style” together with other Kingdom Families/Global-Effect missionary volunteers.
- There will be opportunity to take a two-day African safari and other fun excursions.
- The intern is encouraged to bring personal pocket money for souvenir shopping or non-business related transport around Moshi.
- Swahili lessons are provided in-country during the internship.
- Needs are regular and ministry is on-going in Tanzania, therefore the dates of internship are flexible.
To find out more and begin the application process, just fill out the following field and Kingdom Families Director will contact you. We’d love to have you join the team!